Friday, November 11, 2016

What's This About? Action Heals.


You see that candle?
That candle is for you.  

On Thursday, thirty-six hours after the election, I went to my local church and I lit a candle for you.    All of you.  All of us.    I said a prayer that this candle help heal our pained Americans.    I probably should have also lit a candle for the rest of the world given I think they are scared as well but I was short on time.   I'll get that candle going for them in a couple of days.

But I don't just light a candle and go back to business as usual especially when it is something as important as what has just happened.   Ah, no.

I am too pro-active.  

I have been doing a lot of things since Tuesday including donating to my important causes (Greenpeace, ACLU, Planned Parenthood).   They will need my help.  And I need their help to heal.

And I went to my Congressman's office.

And I'm emailing friends who I think can help flip a district because 2018 will be here in a minute and we need to start now!  

And I am processing what just happened to us but I am choosing carefully what I will watch.  I'm not a victim.  I'm also not an indiscriminate Rager.  Although, I think anger is important to motivate.  But basically,  I do stuff.   Why?   Because Action Heals.

I want to share what WE can ALL Do.  

I swear we can effect real change.  I would not waste your time.

Action heals.




No comments:

Post a Comment